ACCEPTANCE OF TERMS
DESCRIPTION OF SERVICES
Through its network of Web properties, Dicontas provides you with access to a variety of resources, download and support areas, communication blogs and product information (‘Services’). The Services, including any updates, enhancements, new features, and/or the addition of any new Web properties, are subject to the TOU.
Dicontas’s primary website addresses are www.dicontas.co.uk and www.dicontas.com, but also relates to any other top-level domain name registered under the name of “Dicontas Limited” or authorised employees – (‘the Website’).
Use of and access to the Website is subject to the TOU. By using or accessing the Website or any part thereof you agree to be bound by the TOU.
COPYRIGHT / TRADEMARKS
© Dicontas Limited 2016. The copyright in the Website is owned by Dicontas Limited (‘DICONTAS’) and protected by United Kingdom and International copyright laws. All rights are reserved.
Dicontas ®, the Dicontas logo, are trademarks, registered trademarks, or service marks of Dicontas Limited.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Any party using or accessing the Website (‘Visitor’) is entitled to copy any such information for their own personal use but may not re-publish, store or reproduce any such information in any manner (1) without the prior written consent of DICONTAS or (2) save where such reproduction is expressly permitted as set out in the Website.
Any unauthorised downloading, re-transmission or other copying or modification of any of the contents of the Website may be in breach of statutory or common law rights which could be the subject of legal action. DICONTAS disclaims all liability which may result from any unauthorised reproduction or use of the information on the Website.
SECURITY OF PERSONAL DATA
As the internet is not a secure medium of communication, DICONTAS cannot guarantee the security of any information which any party inputs on the Website or any website accessed via a hypertext link from the Website (‘Linked Website’). DICONTAS is not and will not be responsible for any loss or damage any party may suffer as a result of the loss of confidentiality of any such information.
LIABILITY FOR DAMAGES
DICONTAS and any third party involved in creating, producing, maintaining or delivering the Website, and any of DICONTAS’s subsidiaries or affiliated companies, its officers, directors, employees, shareholders or agents or any of them shall not be liable for any direct or indirect, special, incidental or consequential damages including any loss of profits, business, revenue or goodwill arising from (1) the use of or access to or inability to use or access the Website or any Linked Website; (2) any interruption or unavailability of the Website or any Linked Website; (3) the operation or transmission of the Website or any Linked Website; and (4) any damage caused by any virus which may infect computer equipment, software, data or other property of any Visitor accessing the Website or any Linked Website.
Visitors acknowledge, understand and agree that:
– their use of the Website is at their sole risk. The information on the Website, including but not limited to any content posted on the Website by Visitors (‘Visitor Content’) is provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis. To the maximum extent permitted by law, DICONTAS expressly disclaims all warranties of any kind, whether express or implied, including but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement;
– DICONTAS makes no warranty that (1) the Website will meet the requirements of Visitors; (2) the Website will be uninterrupted, timely, secure or error free; and (3) any information that may be obtained from the use of the Website will be accurate or reliable;
– any material downloaded or otherwise obtained through the use of the Website is obtained and used at the Visitor’s sole risk and discretion and Visitors will be solely responsible for any damage to their computer system or loss of data that results from the download of any such material;
– no advice or information, whether oral or written, obtained by Visitors through or from the Website shall create any warranty by DICONTAS;
– their use of Dicontas blog sites (e.g. www.dicontas.co.uk/blog/), including the submission of comments or posts, shall not create any warranty by DICONTAS. Visitor-generated comments may be moderated for fitness of purpose and DICONTAS reserves the right to delete any materials that are found to be inappropriate at any time without prior notice. All such postings or comments are expressed by individuals and in no way represent any obligations to or by DICONTAS;
– DICONTAS neither endorses the contents of any blog communications, postings or comments – nor assumes responsibility for any threatening, libellous, obscene, harassing or offensive material contained therein, any infringement of third party intellectual property rights arising therefrom or any crime facilitated thereby. It is the responsibility of any Visitor to report any such instances of the above, if they believe that the contents of a blog communication may infringe their ownership of copyright. All reported incidences will be investigated and may result in the relevant post or comment being removed from the blog site without notice.
– by becoming a contributor of the Dicontas blog site (‘the Service’), you agree to not use the Service to: (1) upload, post or otherwise transmit any computer data or files (“Content”) that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortuous, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libellous, invasive of another’s privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable; (2) harm minors in any way; (3) impersonate any person or entity, including, but not limited to, a Dicontas official, blog administrator, author or fellow contibutor, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity; (4) upload, post or otherwise transmit any Content that you do not have a right to transmit under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (such as inside information, proprietary and confidential information learned or disclosed as part of employment relationships or under nondisclosure agreements); (5) upload, post or otherwise transmit any Content that infrin ges any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights of any party; (6) upload, post or otherwise transmit any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment; (7) interfere with or disrupt the Service or servers or networks connected to the Service, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to the Service; (8) intentionally or unintentionally violate any applicable local, national or international law; (9) “stalk” or otherwise harass another; (10) collect or store personal data about other users; nor (11) promote or provide instructional information about illegal activities, promote physical harm or injury against any group or individual.
By using the Website, Visitors agree to the capture and use of their data in accordance with the terms laid out in Dicontas’s Website Privacy Statement.
ACCURACY OF WEBSITE CONTENT
Content provided on the Website is believed to be reliable when displayed. Dicontas does not guarantee that information on the Website shall be accurate, complete and current at all times. All information on the Website is subject to modification from time to time without notice, as set out below.
CHANGES TO THE TERMS
Dicontas reserves the right to make changes to any part of the Website and due to its policy of updating the Website from time to time Dicontas may update or amend the TOU. The amended terms shall become effective immediately upon the posting of the amended terms on the Website, and the use of the Website by any Visitor on or after any such effective date shall constitute acceptance of such amended terms.
Visitors agree that Dicontas, in its sole discretion, may at any time remove and discard any information appearing on the Website for any reason.
If any provision of the TOU is found to be invalid the validity of that provision shall not affect the validity of the remaining provisions of the TOU which shall remain in full force and effect.
Visitors may not assign, sub-licence or otherwise transfer any of their rights under these TOU.
If Dicontas or any Visitor fails to exercise any right or remedy available under the TOU, such failure does not constitute a waiver of that right or remedy.
The Headings in the TOU are for convenience only and will have no legal meaning or effect.
The TOU shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Scotland. If any Visitor intends to take legal action in relation to the TOU and/or the Website such Visitor agrees that the Scottish courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction.
– End of TOU –
COMPANIES HOUSE DETAILS
Registered Name: Dicontas Limited
Companies House Registration Number: SC288042
Registered in Scotland at Companies House, Edinburgh, UK
Our Trading Address is:
21 Woodlands Avenue
FOR MORE INFORMATION
Please click on the link below to email our Customer Services department if you have any questions to ask us.
Updated: 2nd March 2022